FAQ's About Hosting an Event for Wellspring
What am I responsible for?
- Recruiting volunteers to help organize and attend your event.
- Securing sponsors for your event (if required).
- Designing your own promotional materials.
- Inviting guests/selling tickets.
- Funding or reimbursing of event expenses.
- Planning your overall event.
- Submitting the net proceeds to Wellspring!
Wellspring issues tax receipts in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Generally speaking Wellspring cannot issue tax receipts for events not organized by Wellspring. There are some exceptions. Please contact Daniel Lockwood at 519-438-7379 x224 for more details.
May I use the Wellspring logo?
All promotional materials with the Wellspring logo must be approved by the Events Manager before going to print. Please contact Wellspring for an official Wellspring logo in the format required.
Will someone from Wellspring attend my event?
Wellspring will make every effort to attend your event if you would like to have a representative from Wellspring there. Depending on the size, scale and timing of your event, a representative from Wellspring may attend as a speaker, volunteer or guest. Please note that Wellspring does not typically purchase tickets to events. If you would like to have a Wellspring representative at your event, please budget for his or her ticket within the event's expenses.
Is there a deadline for submitting funds to Wellspring?
Your event guests and volunteers will likely want to know how successful the event was. Wellspring strives to recognize its supporters in a timely manner and therefore asks that net proceeds be submitted within 30 days of the event.
May I choose to direct my funds to a specific program or centre?
Wellspring is grateful for any funds received and will be happy to help you choose the most appropriate program to benefit from your event. Ideally proceeds will be put toward supporting the Wellspring area of greatest need.
What kind of support can Wellspring provide to my event?
Wellspring aims to provide support to all third-party events. With limited resources, there are certain things that Wellspring can and cannot do to assist with the planning of a third-party event. Below you will find listed some examples of the way that Wellspring is able to help with your event.
What Wellspring can do at third party special events :
- Wellspring can provide marketing materials for distribution at your event. i.e. Wellspring brochures
- Wellspring will provide a banner or other promotional materials for your event, upon request and subject to availability.
- Approve the use of the Wellspring name and/or logo, as appropriate. Please note you must obtain permission from the Event Manager to use Wellspring’s name, and all materials with the Wellspring name and/or logo must be approved by the Event Manager
- Wellspring can provide a speaker to attend your event or arrange cheque presentation in certain situations and upon request.
- A Wellspring representative may be able to attend your fundraising event. Attendance and/or participation by Wellspring staff will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Wellspring can provide a letter of support to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Wellspring can include information, when appropriate and approved, in its e-mailings, social networking and its triannual newsletter, The Wellspring News.
- Wellspring must review all promotional materials, including press releases, PSAs, scripts, posters, flyers, brochures, t-shirts, invitations, etc. before they are produced. Please allow five business days for this review process. Printed materials and other information should state: “Proceeds will benefit Wellspring.” If partial proceeds will benefit Wellspring, please state the percentage of proceeds
WHAT WELLSPRING CANNOT DO AT THIRD PARTY SPECIAL EVENTS
- Wellspring cannot solicit its membership directly.
- Wellspring cannot assist in any significant way relating to the planning of the event.
- Wellspring cannot solicit donors or sponsors.
- Wellspring cannot incur any liability resulting from the event.
- Wellspring cannot offer funding or reimbursement for expenses.
- Wellspring cannot guarantee any promotion for your event.
- Wellspring cannot Guarantee staff or volunteer attendance at your event.
- Wellspring cannot host an event on its property.
Please note: All requests pertaining to the day of the event must be made at least 1 month prior to the date of the event.