The Healing Journey Leadership Training
Gain the competency to guide cancer patients through a journey of personal growth and healing with the Healing Journey Leaders Training.
The Healing Journey Program is a comprehensive, multi-level support and educational program for cancer patients and their caregivers. It was developed by Dr. Alastair Cunningham of the Princess Margaret Hospital, based on more than 25 years of research on the program’s support and coping benefits.
Wellspring offers professionally-led trainings for all levels of The Healing Journey Program. The training is designed to equip professional therapists to lead cancer patients and their caregivers in discussions about cancer and its impact, provide demonstration and practice of proven coping strategies, and lead discussions on the spiritual dimensions of cancer in a group setting.
This training program provides a comprehensive examination of the concepts and practices of the Healing Journey program. The knowledge and skills are presented in a highly understandable and practical format. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own beliefs and experiences which they bring to this type of work.
Participants will leave with:
- The competency to manage the dynamics and specific needs of the group
- The skills necessary to facilitate each level of the program
- A thorough understanding of the Healing Journey Program material
- A clear understanding of the group work involved in each level
- Practical experience in dealing with different scenarios that arise in the Healing Journey program
To find out how you can participate in a training, or to talk to Wellspring about customizing a training for your staff team please contact Holly Bradley at 416-961-1928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.