Children’s and Parents’ Program
Wellspring offers an 8-week Children’s and Parents’ Program that bring parents and their children together for family time, networking, conversation about having cancer in the family, and tools to help them cope and express how they are feeling.
Children learn that they are not alone and will be guided by two professional leaders through various topics using age-appropriate communication and therapeutic play activities. While children are together, parents meet separately to address the same topics so that they can continue the conversation, and support of their children at home.
Please note, children participating in this program must be between the ages of 5 and 12. For children under the age of 5, child minding services are available at the centre at no cost while the parents are participating in the program.
When A Parent Has Cancer
Also available is an online guide that will help parents learn best practices for communicating with and supporting children.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
SEPT 26- NOV 21, 2019
- Thu Sep 26, 2019: 5:30pm EDT - 7:30pm EDT
- Thu Oct 3, 2019: 5:30pm EDT - 7:30pm EDT
- Thu Oct 10, 2019: 5:30pm EDT - 7:30pm EDT
- Thu Oct 17, 2019: 5:30pm EDT - 7:30pm EDT
- Thu Oct 24, 2019: 5:30pm EDT - 7:30pm EDT
- Thu Nov 7, 2019: 5:30pm EST - 7:30pm EST
- Thu Nov 14, 2019: 5:30pm EST - 7:30pm EST
- Thu Nov 21, 2019: 5:30pm EST - 7:30pm EST
Patients, Caregivers, Family