Ray of Hope: Cancer Coping skills Group (In-centre)
A cancer coping skills group for people with cancer and their loved ones.
Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness, patients in this 8 week interactive group program will explore strategies to:
- experience emotions like sadness, anger and fear without being overwhelmed by them.
- hold onto hope without being in denial.
- cope with the symptoms of cancer and cancer treatment.
- reconnect with a sense of control and meaning in their lives.
This group is meant for people who:
- Have a cancer diagnosis or are a close family member of someone with cancer.
- Are experiencing psychological distress, anxiety, depression, or difficulty coping with the effects of cancer on their life (a pre-existing mental health diagnosis is not required)
Please note: If you are scheduled for treatment or surgery during the group timeframe, it may not be the best time to join the group. However, this can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Facilitator: Dr Jill Bailey MD CCFP FCFP FMCBT
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Ray of Hope April 2023
- Fri Apr 28, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri May 5, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri May 12, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri May 26, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri Jun 2, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri Jun 9, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri Jun 16, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
- Fri Jun 23, 2023: 1:30pm EDT - 3:00pm EDT
Patients, Caregivers, Family
You might also find the following helpful:
Yoga is an ancient and well-known health practice. It can help exercise control over physical and emotional well-being by combining movements, breathing, stretching, body poses and meditation practice. Although still gentle in style, Wellspring...
Qi Gong (Online)
Qi Gong is a traditional Chinese system of health preservation that combines movement, meditation and breathing exercises to promote emotional, spiritual and physical well-being. It is gentle in nature and easy to learn, making it well suited for...
Relaxation and Visualization (Online)
Relaxation and Visualization is also known as guided imagery. This program provides a relaxing and peaceful experience that can improve one’s sense of well-being, reduce stress and provide skills to help cope with a cancer diagnosis. This...