Yoga for Cancer Recovery
Yoga is an ancient and well-known health practice. It can help exercise control over physical and emotional well-being by combining movements, breathing, stretching, body poses and meditation practice. Yoga for Cancer Recovery is specifically for patients who are in the process of regaining their general health and wellness, as well as for caregivers of cancer patients. If you are experiencing significant adverse physical symptoms that require a modified approach, you should consider attending Gentle Yoga for Symptom Management. Although still gentle in style, Yoga for Cancer Recovery is designed to provide a fulfiling yoga experience while also transferring skills and techniques to support self-managed yoga practice outside of Wellspring. The program includes demonstration of various yoga poses that use meditation and breathing techniques and members can follow along only to the extent they are able.
In these sessions, the leaders suggest the use of the following household props, if possible, to provide support and added comfort for various poses:
- Bolsters & Blankets. You can use pillows, cushions or rolled-up blankets, or thick towels or throws that can be rolled or layered
- Blocks. You can also use large books, large tin cans, a small, plastic step stool or upside-down garbage can or waste-paper basket.
- Yoga strap. Belts. Or you can use a bathrobe belt or a neck tie.
- Folding chair, kitchen chair.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
- Wed Sep 30, 2020: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Oct 7, 2020: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Oct 14, 2020: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Oct 21, 2020: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Oct 28, 2020: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
Patients, Caregivers, Volunteers