Yoga is an ancient and well-known health practice. It can help exercise control over physical and emotional well-being by combining movements, breathing, stretching, body poses and meditation practice. Although still gentle in style, Wellspring Chinguacousy’s Yoga class is designed to provide a fulfilling experience while also transferring skills and techniques to support self-managed yoga practice outside of Wellspring. The program includes demonstration of various yoga poses that use meditation and breathing techniques and members can follow along only to the extent they are able.
In these sessions, the leaders suggest the use of the following household props, if possible, to provide support and added comfort for various poses:
- Bolsters & Blankets. You can use pillows, cushions or rolled-up blankets, or thick towels or throws that can be rolled or layered
- Blocks. You can also use large books, large tin cans, a small, plastic step stool or upside-down garbage can or waste-paper basket.
- Yoga strap. Belts. Or you can use a bathrobe belt or a neck tie.
- Folding chair, kitchen chair.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
- Wed Jun 14, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jun 21, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jun 28, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jul 5, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jul 12, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jul 19, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
- Wed Jul 26, 2023: 10:00am EDT - 11:30am EDT
Patients, Caregivers, Volunteers