Yoga for Symptom Management
Yoga for Symptom Management is for cancer patients who have significant adverse symptoms, such as pain, instability, or mobility problems that require a gentle, modified approach to care. The primary objective of this type of yoga session is symptom relief. In a discreet and respectful manner, the professional yoga leader will request information about the symptom being experienced so that each member’s needs may be accommodated as required. Throughout the class, the leader will provide instruction and demonstration of various yoga poses and incorporate meditation and breathing techniques. Members may follow to the extent that they are able. Modifications in the pose or techniques, such as using a chair instead of the floor, or using a pillow, are incorporated to meet each member’s needs.
Yoga for Symptom Management is offered on a drop-in basis.
Although each Wellspring centre offers many Yoga sessions each week, we request that members attend only one session a week in order to accommodate demand.
Drop-In Program: This program requires no ongoing commitment and is especially helpful for those who are not feeling well, are in treatment or are coping with symptoms that make commitment difficult.
- Thu Feb 20, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Tue Feb 25, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Thu Feb 27, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Tue Mar 3, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Thu Mar 5, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Tue Mar 10, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Thu Mar 12, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Tue Mar 17, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- Thu Mar 19, 2020: 10:30am - 11:30am
- + 3 More!
Patients, Caregivers, Volunteers