Health & Community Partners
Health professionals and community partners play an essential role in cancer support through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. At Wellspring Edmonton we aim to provide community-based emotional, social, and practical supports for people impacted by cancer. Together we can enhance the standard of care for people impacted by cancer and ensure that no one has to face cancer alone. Health professionals and community partners play an essential role in cancer support through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship.
Here are some ways we engage with our health professional network:
- Wellspring Edmonton is introduced to new cancer patients at the Cross Cancer Institute new patient orientation.
- Information and materials about Wellspring Edmonton are accessible at various community cancer centres, healthcare centres and community organizations across Northern Alberta
- We facilitate and participate in community engagement opportunities to encourage the sharing of information and building of community relationships
- Wellspring Edmonton’s WellTalk Speaker Series features highly respected oncologists, researchers and leaders in the cancer and health industry. Our WellTalk Speaker Series also serves as a professional development opportunity.
How can you help?
- Refer your patients and their families to our online membership form or ask them to give us a call.
- Share our resources.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter.
- Check out our virtual programs webpage so you are aware of current offerings.
- If you are interested in learning more about our Northern Alberta Strategy, contact Angie Rice, Northern Alberta Lead, at email@example.com.
- If you are interested in presenting in our WellTalk Speaker Series or collaborating on program development, contact Dr. Marilyn Hundleby, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Resources Coming Soon!
Wellspring Edmonton description you can use on social media or in your own resources:
Wellspring Edmonton is a community-based support centre offering non-medical programs and services that meet the emotional, social, practical and restorative needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. All programs, services and resources are offered at no cost to members and without a referral.
Wellspring Edmonton offers unique workshops, classes and individual and group support services designed to help those affected by cancer to regain control of their lives. These programs are delivered by professionals and trained volunteers – many of whom have gone through an experience with cancer and have overcome many of the challenges cancer patients, caregivers, and their family are facing now.
Social Media Channels:
- Instagram: @wellspringedmonton
- Facebook: @WellspringEdmonton
- Twitter: @wellspringedm
- LinkedIn: @wellspringedmonton
Displays / Slide shows