Nourish Cooking Recipe ~Roast Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Fennel~
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pork tenderloin, trimmed, and seasoned with salt and black pepper
1 pound red-skinned potatoes, quartered
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced (if not available, use carrot as replacement)
1/4 gala apple with your preference
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon fennel seed If not available, use one of the following; 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary, 2 teaspoons dried sage or 1 teaspoon thyme)
salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fennel fronds
1. Preheat oven to 425*F and chop the ingredients
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in an oven proof saute pan over medium high heat.
3. Add pork and brown on all sides, about 6 minutes.
4. Arrange potatoes, onion, and fennel slices around pork.
5. Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, minced rosemary, garlic, and fennel seed; season with salt and pepper
6. Brush oil mixture over pork and vegetables.
7. Transfer pan to oven and roast pork and vegetables, stirring vegetables twice during roasting, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the pork registers 145*F. and potatoes are tender, 35-40 minutes.
8. Remove pan from oven , remove pork , loosely tent with, and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Return vegetables to oven while pork is resting.
10. Slice pork across the grain, holding knife blade at a 45* angle.–about 3/8 of an inch thick
11. Arrange sliced pork and vegetables on a platter.
12. Garnish with fennel fronds.