Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Facilitator: Kerri Gladwin
Stress is part of life, but there are practical ways to handle more effectively the big and little stresses we all face.
The basis of MBSR is mindfulness, “moment-to-moment, non-judgmental awareness”. Focusing on the present heightens sensitivity to the environment and one’s reactions to it, consequently enhancing self-management and coping. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction also provides an outlet and strategies to deal with ruminations on the past or worrying about the future. Incorporating mindfulness into your daily routines counteracts the debilitating effects of stress on mind and body. Through this program you learn skills of mindfulness meditation, enhanced body awareness and progressive muscle relaxation. These strategies increase your ability to:
*cope with stress and the challenges of everyday life
*Deal with challenging situations with grace and composure
*Be more present in this moment which promotes greater calm
*Access your inner resources for stress management
You will benefit from this program most through daily practice of 10 -30 minutes.
Please note, our programs are designed for adults only.
Registered Programs with Home Practice: A commitment to attend all session is required, as is a commitment to home practice.
MBSR 2019 Sep-Nov
- Fri Sep 20, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Sep 27, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Oct 4, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Oct 11, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Oct 18, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Oct 25, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Nov 1, 2019: 2:00pm MDT - 3:00pm MDT
- Fri Nov 8, 2019: 2:00pm MST - 3:00pm MST