Please let us know if you find that you are unable to attend this program, as we have a wait list of members who may fill the space.
Qigong (pronounced chee gong) is an ancient Chinese practice devoted to Qi, meaning air or breath of life, and gong, the skill of working, cultivating and balancing Qi. The art of Qigong entails learning to use meditation, relaxation, intention, simple movement and breathing exercises with the goal of achieving balance in physical, emotional and spiritual energy.
Spring Forest Qigong is an integrated practice known to nourish physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of health and wellbeing. Some of the measurable benefits include:
• increased oxygen intake, expanded lung capacity and increased flow of oxygen to the brain, organs, muscles and tissues
• lower rates of respiration and pulse, and
• improved metabolism, digestion and elimination
Other equally important benefits of Qigong include: balanced energy; reduced stress, pain and tension; increased strength and vitality; and, an enhanced sense of peace, contentment and personal empowerment.
What to expect at a session:
Each session begins with 10 minutes of theory followed by 25 minutes of gentle active exercises (moving meditations), designed to open the energy channels. These simple movements are easily adaptable to each individual’s ability and can be done standing or seated. The class culminates with a 15-minute guided meditation and a 10-minute period of sharing. Individuals are simply invited to participate as they choose, and be present in the energy of the group.
Dress in comfortable clothing.
No experience is necessary.
We ask that everyone enrolled in Qi gong be at the first session as the important foundations of Qigong are presented at that time. Each week builds on this initial class and continues through the whole of this program.
Note: Due to high demand, people who have not previously taken a Qigong class at Wellspring will be given preference.
Please note, our programs are designed for adults only.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Qigoing 2019 May-July
- Mon May 6, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon May 13, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon May 27, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jun 3, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jun 10, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jun 17, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jun 24, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jul 8, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Qigong 2019 Jul-Sep
- Mon Jul 15, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jul 22, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Jul 29, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Aug 12, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Aug 19, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Sep 9, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Sep 16, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Mon Sep 23, 2019: 1:30pm - 2:30pm