Virtual: Unfolding Your Story
By continuing with the registration process for WE On-line programs you have read and agreed to the Acknowledgement and Disclaimer statement.
Instructors: Michelle Blance and Connie Moores
“When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.”
– Viktor E Frank
What kinds of stories are you telling yourself? Using the medium of collage, uncover your story through image and metaphor. Collage offers a wonderful opportunity to explore and try out new ways of putting things together to create your own unique art, using a variety of different materials which you can gather from many places and glue down onto bristol board (a strong thin sort of cardboard). Tap into your creativity and playfulness in this six week course. You may surprise yourself with what you create. There will be opportunities to share art creations and insights. We will work with themes from stories and poems and use some mindfulness practices to still the mind and connect within.
Materials You Will Need:
- 4 sheets of bristol board to be used as the supporting surface now which to glue/attach your other materials (bristol board is available at the dollar store fin a variety of colours for a $1/sheet)
- Cut out images and words from magazines of various kinds
- Photocopies of personal photos old and/or new (optional)
- Coloured tissue paper
- Coloured construction paper
- Shiny paper such as gold and silver wrapping paper
- Buttons, feathers
- Found materials
- Any additional materials you would like to gather
- Scrap booking materials (optional)
- Glue, tape
Please note, our programs are designed for adults only.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Vir: Unfolding Story 2020 09-10
- Thu Oct 1, 2020: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 8, 2020: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 15, 2020: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 22, 2020: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 29, 2020: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
Patients, Caregivers, Volunteers, Family