Virtual Mandalas Magic
By continuing with the registration process for WE On-line programs you have read and agreed to the Acknowledgement and Disclaimer statement.
“Each person’s life is like a mandala – a vast limitless circle. We stand in the center of our own circle, and everything we see, hear and think forms the mandala of our life.”
– Pema Chodron
quote from https://www.mandalamind.org/blog/2015/01/22/7-essential-quotes-on-the-mandala
In this eight week course we will be creating mandala art. Mandala is a Sanskrit word which means circle. In many cultures the circle is a symbol for wholeness and healing. Making mandala’s involves using simple geometric shapes that in-clude not only circles but also squares and triangles, then adding your own unique expression through the additions of lines, drawings, paper shapes and more. It can often be a meditative and relaxing experience. Join us in a reflective process of self-discovery and healing. We will focus on creating from a sense of freshness, wonder and curiosity. There will be opportunities to share art creations and in-sights within the group. We will work with some mindfulness practices and re-flection to still the mind and connect within.
Materials You Will Need:
- journal and pen for reflections
- plain paper of various sizes keeping in mind you want to be able to hold your creation up to the screen so you can see one another’s work
- pencils, eraser, scissors, glue
- compass for making circles and/or various sizes of circle shaped objects such as bowls or lids
- coloured pens and pencils
- water colour paints and brushes
- coloured paper, black paper
Please note, our programs are designed for adults only.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Vir: Mandalas 2021 04-06
- Thu Sep 23, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Sep 30, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 7, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 14, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 21, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
- Thu Oct 28, 2021: 9:45am MDT - 12:00pm MDT
Patients, Caregivers, Bereaved