Virtual Nourish Cooking Night
Come join us on Friday, June 25th on Zoom for our first interactive Wellspring cooking presentation with Lil Krawchuck. The recipes and supplies that Lil will be using are below so feel free to pick up the supplies yourself to cook along or just join in to watch along and learn some new healthy recipes!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 780-758-4433 or email email@example.com
“Welcome members. It has been a long time since we have been able to meet face to face. I will be demonstrating the preparation of three different flatbreads, and you and your family can cook along with me, and prepare dinner together. I’m sending out the recipes, shopping list for ingredients, and also a list for the equipment you need for the preparation of which ever flatbread you choose to make. We will be using store bought flatbreads for this demonstration, and I bought mine at Superstore.”
The recipes are below. You can download a printable pdf: Mushroom Pesto Flatbread.
Mushroom Pesto Flatbread
- 1 store bought flatbread
- 2-3 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1- 1/2 sauteed red onion,( depending on size)
- 1/3 cup Swiss cheese (you could use mozzarella instead)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Spread flatbreads with pesto.
Top with sauteed red onion, and fresh mushrooms, shredded cheese, and chopped fresh flat-leafed parsley.
Place flatbreads on to a baking pan lined with either foil or parchment paper
Bake at 400°F until crust is golden about 10-12 minutes.
To serve cool for 5 minutes and cut into portions.
Chicken and Bell Pepper Flatbread
- 1 store bought flatbread
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cooked chicken breast cooked and shredded ( if you choose this flatbread make sure you have the chicken cooked and cooled ahead of time)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced into bite-sized strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano
- Place flatbreads on lined baking sheet.
- Spread flatbreads with marinara sauce, then top with cooked chicken pieces, bite sized pieces of orange bell pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh oregano leaves.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes, cut in portions and serve.
Berry Stone Fruits and Ricotta Flatbreads
- 4 store bought flatbreads
- 1-15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 nectarines, peaches, plums or apricots, pitted and cut into thin wedges.
- 4 cups of berries, raspberries , blueberries, or black berries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of honey
- Line baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta ,lemon zest ,and snipped thyme.
- Spread the filling over the flatbreads.
- Top with the fruits.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Transfer flatbreads to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once baked top with extra thyme sprigs, and drizzle with honey.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then cut into serving sized portions.
- Place on plates and enjoy!
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
New Schedule Coming Soon!
Patients, Caregivers, Bereaved, Volunteers, Family