Virtual Qigong Friday
By continuing with the registration process for WE On-line programs you have read and agreed to the Acknowledgement and Disclaimer statement.
Facilitator: Carolynne Melnyk
Qigong (pronounced chee gong) is an ancient Chinese practice devoted to Qi, meaning air or breath of life, and gong, the skill of working, cultivating and balancing Qi. The art of Qigong entails learning to use meditation, relaxation, intention, simple movement and breathing exercises with the goal of achieving balance in physical, emotional and spiritual energy.
Spring Forest Qigong is an integrated practice known to nourish physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of health and wellbeing. Some of the measurable benefits include:
• increased oxygen intake, expanded lung capacity and increased flow of oxygen to the brain, organs, muscles and tissues
• lower rates of respiration and pulse, and
• improved metabolism, digestion and elimination
Other equally important benefits of Qigong include balanced energy; reduced stress, pain and tension; increased strength and vitality; and, an enhanced sense of peace, contentment and personal empowerment.
What to expect at a session:
Each session begins with 10 minutes of theory followed by 25 minutes of gentle active exercises (moving meditations), designed to open the energy channels. These simple movements are easily adaptable to each individual’s ability and can be done standing or seated. The class culminates with a 15-minute guided meditation and a 10-minute period of sharing. Individuals are simply invited to participate as they choose, and be present in the energy of the group.
Dress in comfortable clothing.
No experience is necessary.
We ask that everyone enrolled in Qigong be at the first session as the important foundations of Qigong are presented at that time. Each week builds on this initial class and continues through the whole of this program.
Please let us know if you find that you are unable to attend this program, as we have a waitlist of members who may fill the space.
Note: Due to high demand, people who have not previously taken a Qigong class at Wellspring will be given preference. Members may register for one Qigong class per week. As the number of participants per class is limited, it is not possible for members to switch days.
Our programs are designed for adults only.
This program is sponsored by Lululemon.
Here to Be is lululemon’s global community-based wellbeing program providing resources to nonprofit partners who use yoga and meditation as a means to manage stress and trauma. Learn more here.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Vir: Qigong Fri 2021 03-04
- Fri Mar 5, 2021: 1:30pm MST - 2:30pm MST
- Fri Mar 19, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Mar 26, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Apr 9, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Apr 16, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Apr 23, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Apr 30, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
Vir: Qigong Fri 2021 05-06
- Fri May 7, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri May 14, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri May 21, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri May 28, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Jun 4, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Jun 11, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Jun 18, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT
- Fri Jun 25, 2021: 1:30pm MDT - 2:30pm MDT