By continuing with the registration process for WE On-line programs you have read and agreed to the Acknowledgement and Disclaimer statement.
A wonderful way of experiencing the quietness and calm of ‘the moment’, can be through Zentangle. Zentangle is an easy to learn, relaxing, and a fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
If you can use a pencil and pen, and draw these basic strokes …
i C S O
then you can create Zentangle art.
Zentangle is non-representational. There is no up or down. It is abstract. There is no pre-planning and there are no expectations of what the finished work should look like. The meditative process is more important than the result. In the Zentangle Method, there is no eraser, just as there is no eraser in life. There are no mistakes in Zentangle, just new opportunities.
Anything is possible, one stroke at a time.
- A 3.5 inch square of paper.
- You can use cardstock, watercolour paper, the back of a greeting card, or if printer paper is all you have, then use that.
- You will need a pen such as a finetip pen, a gel pen, or even a ballpoint if that is all you have. You will also need a pencil and something with which to blend your pencil shading. It could be a blending stump, a Q-tip, or your finger.
- Extra paper or a sketchbook as well to make notes or to try some extra tangles.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Vir: Zentangle 2020 11
- Wed Nov 4, 2020: 1:00pm MST - 3:30pm MST