Here you will find all the information you need to help you participate in the online programs found on Well on the Web.
Many of Wellspring’s online programs use Zoom conferencing software. Zoom is a simple to use solution for real-time content sharing across multiple platforms.
All you need is a computer with a camera and audio. You can use a laptop, desktop computer or tablet. We don’t recommend using your smart phone, as it may result in difficulty viewing the leader, the other participants and the materials given the small size of the screen.
The first time you use Zoom:
- You will need to download Zoom to your computer. It is a very fast and easy download. Visit http://zoom.us
- Alternatively, after registering for an online program, you will receive an automatic email from Wellspring which provides the link to the conference in which you have registered. It will look like this:
3. Select the hyperlink in the body of the email (as shown in the circle) to join the meeting.
4. The first time you use Zoom, the link will take you to the Zoom webpage. A pop-up bar will appear along the bottom. Click Run.
4. Zoom will quickly download, and you will be joined into the program session. You will see yourself on video.
5. Zoom Features:
Audio: Click Join Audio (located in the lower left corner of your screen)
Mute: Click on this to mute or un-mute your own audio
Video: Click on this to allow yourself to be seen
Chat: Click on this to send a message to the entire group, or to speak privately with the group leader.
Gallery View: Click on this to give each person equal space on the screen. When speaking, the box around the speaker is highlighted. Speaker view gives the most visual space to the person speaking, while those not speaking will remain visible in small boxes on the right hand side of the screen.
Leave Meeting: Click this at the end of the session. You will be asked to confirm your intent to leave.
If you still require assistance, and wish to speak with a staff person about accessing Zoom for your online programming, please click here.