Wellspring London & Stratford: Update on COVID–19, March 2021
Thank you so much for your continued support and engagement of Wellspring London and Stratford, as we navigate through these very challenging times. We indicated that we would be providing an update regarding our office reopening and COVID-19 on Monday, March 1st.
We have been waiting yet again to see how the pandemic is trending after the second shutdown that happened from January until the later part of February. We find ourselves waiting to see if there is going to be a third wave of new COVID cases which is expected to impact our province in April, with the variant cases immerging at this time. We were hopeful to get through the summer and continue seeing a decline in numbers throughout the fall and winter so that we were able to safely open our doors again at the beginning of April, but sadly, this does not seem to be the situation.
With the new spike in COVID-19 cases, we are anticipating that it is not realistic to think that we will be reopening the physical centers before September 1st, 2021 at this point. This falls in line with many other businesses and not for profits who are watching carefully as vaccinations are rolling out but recognize that there are imminent dangers in opening our doors too quickly. The health and safety of our members, volunteers and staff has always been and remains to be our first priority. This is very difficult for us as we are excited to welcome our “Wellspring family” back into both our London and Stratford locations. We never would have imagined that we would be relaying these same messages over 1 year later, when we anticipated being closed for a few short weeks initially.
Many factors are being taken into consideration in continuing to keep our centers closed, including the following:
- The vulnerable health of our members and their families, as well as our volunteers and staff
- Safety measures that need to be put in place to be able to achieve social distancing guidelines set out by the province
- COVID-19 testing and screening, and the need for personal protective equipment upon entrance into Wellspring space
- Following the branding guidelines of the Wellspring network across Canada to ensure there is consistency with all centers operating the same and opening at the same time.
- The rollout of vaccinations and how that impacts our members and their families
We have been so fortunate to have the support of our community as we do our best to provide the invaluable supports that Wellspring has become known for. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we continue monitoring the COVID-19 situation. If our position changes on the reopening dates, we will communicate this to everyone as effectively as we can. Should you have any questions regarding this update, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.