What to do if you’re at home!
The Healing@Home Empowerment Series
Free weekly interactive videoconference / lecture series during the COVID lockdown
Join Oncologist Rob Rutledge and Psychology Professor Gabriela Ilie as they host the Healing@Home Empowerment Series every Sunday for the next six weeks.
- Integrative Cancer Care (combining medical and complementary care / diet etc)
- Mind-Body Healing Techniques
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction
- Connection while at home
Starting Sunday, March 29, 2020 8pm AST, 7pm EST, 3pm PDT
Every week for six weeks:
and longer if need be!
Join by zoom videoconference from home (or call in by telephone to listen in) for an hour of learning, practice and connection.
Join Zoom Meeting at https://zoom.us/j/848516048
or to to www.zoom.us and ‘Join Meeting’ using 848 516 048
Advice from an Oncologist
Whether you’ve just been diagnosed, are on treatment / recovering, or are a long-term survivor, here are 5 things you can do if you’re spending your days at home during the Covid-19 pandemic to help maintain your immune function:
- Practice meditation or a relaxation technique. Even 10 minutes of meditation every day has been proven to increase your body’s ability to fight off the flu and other infections. Go to https://healingandcancer.org/video_category/healing-skills/ to freely follow along one of our videos.
- Exercise. You might need to be a little more creative here. Listen to your favourite dance music and dance around the kitchen. Get your heart going for 30 minutes every day. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, going outside for fresh air are great options. See our web page above for videos.
- Healthy Diet. Now may be the time to do the research and figure out what diet helps your body heal. A plant-based diet is best. Check out our 24-part video series on https://healingandcancer.org/nutrition/
- Connection, connection, connection. With your family, with your friends, with your long lost relatives. Get on the phone or join an online group (Healing@Home weekly support group – see above). Remember whenever you ask for help or accept help you get a shot of oxytocin in your blood stream which is anti-inflammatory and allows your body to repair itself.
- Work through your fears. In times of change it’s normal for your mind to secrete anxiety-provoking thoughts. Watch this video to learn how to accept, integrate and transcend your fears Click here to watch an entire lecture on decreasing anxiety.
Instead of focusing on what’s limiting during this difficult time, take this opportunity to bring your love, peace, joy and gratitude into the world. Shine the light of your spirit and be the change you hope to see.
Peace and love,