We all contain and are surrounded by life energy. When it is balanced, one feels whole and well. When we go through hardship physically, emotionally or spiritually, our energy is “off balance” and we are not as well. Reiki (Universal Energy) and similar therapies help to recentre and rebalance.
Reiki can be done in person by a trained practitioner and it can also be sent to someone. Each practitioner has their own way of doing this, but generally during the specified time frame (about half an hour) they say the persons name and visualize them in a safe clam place and think of sending them Reiki. During this time, the receiver then lies down in a comfortable spot, with low light, music, etc. The practitioner(s) then sends healing energy. All the receiver has to do is relax and rest, and if they sleep… fine!! When the session us over they might want to relax and record any feelings.
In any energy healing work it is the strong intention of the recipient to feel better and the strong intention of the practitioner to help them to do so.
Some instructions before you begin
- about 5 minutes before the session, find a quiet place to sit or lay where you won’t be disturbed
- put on some relaxing music if you would like
- have a glass of water available
- set a timer so you will know when the session is over
- relax and imagine you are surrounded by healing light
- spend a few minutes after the session in quiet reflection