Distance Therapeutic Touch
The desired result of Therapeutic Touch is a state of relaxation that, in turn, supports the natural ability of the body to function at its best capacity. Moreover, in the state of relaxation, people often feel more at ease not only physically but also mentally and emotionally. That is what has been called “healing”: bringing the energies of the receiver to a greater degree of overall balance.
Just like Reiki, Therapeutic Touch can be sent to someone. Each practitioner has their own way of doing this, but generally during the specified time frame they say the persons name and visualize them in a safe calm place and think of sending them Therapeutic Touch. During this time, the receiver lies down in a comfortable spot, with low light, music, etc. The practitioner then sends healing energy for about 20 minutes. After this time the receiver should continue to relax for another 25 minutes to help the body utilize the benefits of relaxation.
In any energy healing work it is the strong intention of the recipient to feel better and the strong intention of the practitioner to help them to do so.
Some instructions before you begin
- allow for at least 45 minutes
- about 5 minutes before the session, find a quiet place to sit or lay where you won’t be disturbed
- put on some relaxing music if you would like
- have a glass of water available
- set a timer so you will know when the session is over
- relax and imagine you are surrounded by healing light
- spend a few minutes after the session in quiet reflection