London Prostate Cancer Support Group
What it is:
- a self-help group open to men and their partners
- facilitated by trained volunteers and cancer survivors
- open and supportive discussions
- occasional guest speakers
What is it not:
- a source of medical advice
Why is the group important?
- encourages group interaction
- provides emotional support for prostate cancer survivors at various stages of recovery
- endeavours to relieve some of the stress and isolation that men with prostate cancer may experience
- helps people learn about resources available in the community
What is expected of a group member?
- to respect the privacy of others
For more information, please contact:
John Oliveira at 519.365.1599 or Jeff Turnbull at 519.639.0210
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
- Wed Jan 2, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wed Feb 6, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wed Mar 6, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wed Apr 3, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wed May 1, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wed Jun 5, 2019: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
You might also find the following helpful:
Many people who have completed their cancer treatment experience a complex and, often surprising range of emotions. You may be wondering how to move from “cancer patient,” a role that may have taken a great deal of time to accept and...
This eight-week professionally-led support group provides cancer patients with the opportunity to meet and talk with other cancer patients for emotional and coping support. Sessions focus on discussion and sharing of feelings, stories, issues and...