Be Well Talk: In the Kitchen – Gut Health and Improving Digestion
As a participant you will improve your understanding of how your digestion works, how it may be impacted throughout your cancer and cancer treatment and lifestyle steps related to nutrition you can take to support your digestion best throughout the process.
What would be covered:
• Digestion 101- how it works and what factors in our life influence our gut health
• What are the common signs and symptoms of digestion problems (appetite changes, constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, reflux, fatigue)
• The importance of gut movement and motility. How food should move through our digestive tract and what helps keep things moving properly (focus on fluid and fibre)
o Recipe options: sweet potato black bean quesadilla/ chocolate peanut butter energy ball
• Gut bacteria and your microbiome (probiotics, prebiotics and how they help)
o Recipe options: miso salad dressing/ kimchi grilled cheese
• Basic herbs shown to help support different digestion situations (peppermint, ginger, fennel, turmeric)
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Register Now or
New Schedule Coming Soon!
You might also find the following helpful:
This single session is taught by a Registered Dietitian in a two-hour lecture format. The program answers the popular questions posed by Wellspring members including the subjects of canned foods, GMO, organic foods, microwave cooking, nightshade...
If you struggle for new ideas about what to prepare for your meals, and want to explore vegetarian options, this program is for you. In this two part program, the first session will explore how to live a healthy vegetarian lifestyle ensuring proper...