Healing Body & Mind Through Somatic Movement
This work offers practical strategies that promote patients’ wellbeing and assist in the healing process. It’s an integrative practice that focus on mobility, self-awareness, self-acceptance and expression. Patients will explore, within their limits, bigger possibilities for efficient movement patterns that require the least amount of effort and that use the ground as a basis for overcoming gravity. Techniques involve touch, self-touch, visualization, images, verbal dialogues, experimental anatomy, listening to music and to the sound of patients’ own voices. This program is safe for cancer patients in treatment. Please note: Members must be comfortable moving, sitting and laying on the floor. Registration required.
- Wed Mar 6, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Wed Mar 13, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Wed Mar 20, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Wed Mar 27, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Mon Apr 1, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Wed Apr 10, 2019: 12:30pm - 2:00pm