Healing Journey Level 1: Coping with Cancer Stress
When cancer strikes us or our loved ones, it can be one of the most frightening experiences of our lives. More and more people are seeking ways they can help themselves cope and live well with cancer, in addition to receiving medical treatment. The Healing Journey is a program for people who want to learn how to help themselves when they have cancer. It is a practical course, providing simple but proven psychological and spiritual tools which promote inner harmony, peace and healing, methods that can help any of us become a “healed person”. The Healing Journey is a multi-level support and coping program, beginning with Level 1.
Level 1: Coping with Cancer Stress
Coping with Cancer Stress is a four-week program that introduces participants to a range of techniques and ideas and support and coping strategies. It includes both education and instruction on the benefits of support, and provides a sample of techniques proven effective in improving one’s ability to cope and move forward.
The benefits of the program include:
- Increased overall well-being and ability to cope
- Increased validation and processing of difficult emotions
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Increased introspection leading to a heightened understanding of their emotional response to cancer
- Increased sense of control
- Reduced isolation through creation of connections with other patients or caregivers
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
New Schedule Coming Soon!