Oncology Yoga (Yoga 4 Cancer)
Oncology Yoga is an 8-week series specifically designed to address the unique needs of cancer patients and survivors. This active practice combines breath and movement to help mitigate the short and long-term side effects that cancer patients and survivors may face including bone loss, lymphedema, scar tissue, constipation, neuropathy, fatigue, anxiety, among others. There is a commitment to attend once a week for a period of 8 weeks.
Due to limited space, registration is required.
Facilitator: Kristyn Wilson-Schram
Assistant Facilitator: Susan Gettler-Roscoe
- Wed May 10, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed May 17, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed May 24, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed May 31, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed Jun 7, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed Jun 14, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed Jun 21, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
- Wed Jun 28, 2023: 10:30am EDT - 12:00pm EDT
Exercise & Movement
You might also find the following helpful:
Chair Assisted Yoga provides participants with an alternative approach to staying active. Chair Assisted Yoga can increase mobility, decrease stress, and promote healthy breathing. Cheryl, the Yoga Instructor, has over 20 years of experience...
Yoga Nidra Workshop
In the comfort of your own home, experience deep relaxation as participants are guided through the stages of Yoga Nidra. Sit or lie down, be still, and listen as participants explore the benefits of Yoga Nidra. Some of the benefits include decreased...
Qigong, pronounced “chi gong,” was developed in China thousands of years ago as part of traditional Chinese medicine. This 9-week series involves using exercises to optimize energy within the body, mind, and spirit, with the goal of improving and...