Ontario Disability Support Program
The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) is a Provincial Government Program that provides financial assistance and other benefits to people who have both a proven disability and financial need.
To be eligible for ODSP, an applicant must have:
- Liquid assets below a specific amount ($40,000 for a single person, $50,000 for a couple + $500 for each dependent child)
- You have a substantial physical or mental impairment that impacts your ability to function on a daily basis and is likely to last longer than a year
The amount you receive from ODSP will depend on the size of your family and the amount of rent or housing expenses you have. For example:
- A single person receives a maximum of $1,151/month
- A couple receives a maximum of $1,723/month
- A couple with once child receives a maximum of $1,787/month
Navigating through an application to ODSP can feel stressful. The Wellspring Money Matters Case Managers have extensive experience helping clients to apply for, and receive, ODSP benefits, all at no charge.
To set up your meeting, either in person, via telephone, or online, with a Wellspring Money Matters Case Manager, please click here.