Program Facilitator – Part Time
Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is seeking a Program Facilitator to provide one-to-one case consultation for the Faas Foundation Money Matters program and to facilitate psycho-educational programs support groups on a part-time basis.
Wellspring programs are currently being offered by telephone and online and will also be offered in person at our GTA locations when they reopen.
Working with the Faas Foundation Money Matters program, the Program Facilitator will help cancer patients navigate the maze of government and income replacement programs when too sick to work, provide guidance and support to people transitioning back to work, and link participants to appropriate community resources. The Program Facilitator will also lead groups that help members explore the key issues related to cancer.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master of Social Work degree and Certificate of Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience with intake, assessment and management of ongoing caseloads
- Familiarity with income replacement programs, such as Employment Insurance, CPP Disability, ODSP and Long Term Disability benefits
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading groups within a supportive care model
- Experience working with populations with health issues
- Experience with, and a knowledge of, oncology would be an asset
- Online Delivery: access to a computer with a camera and microphone, a reliable internet connection and a suitable location from which to broadcast
- Online Delivery: experience with leadership of an online program would be an asset
This is position is scheduled for 2 days per week.
If you have the above qualifications and would like to support Wellspring’s mission of helping individuals and families cope with cancer, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is July 15, 2021
Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is a network of community-based support centres offering programs and services that meet the emotional, practical and physical/functional needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. For more information, visit www.wellspring.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.