How Wellspring Helps
- Eight in every 10 cancer patients report having physical challenges after treatment ends.
- Seven in every 10 cancer patients report having emotional challenge after treatment ends.
- Four in every 10 cancer patients report having practical challenges (financial, life-insurance, etc).
- More than 85 % of cancer patients experience the non-medical consequences of cancer and its treatment: the fear, anxiety, pain, financial worries, isolation and guilt.
This is where Wellspring can help.
Through one-to-one peer support, group support activities, learned coping skills, rehabilitation programs and much, much more, Wellspring has helped thousands of people take an active role in controlling their cancer experience to improve their quality of life.
Wellspring helps with:
- Stress management
- Health restoration and rehabilitation
- Reduced fear and isolation
- Education and information
- Successful transitions back into the workforce
- Financial advice and management
At Wellspring, the focus is on the person, not the disease.
Wellspring’s model has been recognized by Health Canada as an outstanding example of organizational excellence in community-based health care.