Wellspring Volunteers Needed
Wellspring Downtown Toronto is in need of peer support and outreach volunteers.
Peer Support Volunteers provide emotional and coping support to new members seeking support at Wellspring. Peer Support Volunteers are the point-of-entry to Wellspring and guide the selection of programs based on a combination of needs expressed and the phase of cancer being experienced (e.g. newly-diagnosed or post-treatment). They offer information from their own experience as it pertains to the concerns brought forward by the individual, as well as information about programs or services offered by Wellspring that may help meet their needs.
To qualify as a Peer Support Volunteer, an individual must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a cancer patient or caregiver of a cancer patient
- be post-treatment and no longer be using Wellspring programs for their cancer support needs
- be available for duty as per Wellspring’s program schedule
- provide an acceptable Police Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check
Outreach volunteers provide support to Wellspring’s activities in the community. This could include staffing Wellspring’s booth at patient education events and providing information about Wellspring and its programs. Outreach volunteers can assist in distributing program or promotional materials to local cancer treatment centres, hospitals or other wellness organizations.
To become an Outreach Volunteer, an individual must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- familiar with Wellspring and its mandate
- Available according to the schedule of outreach or fundraising events.
For more information please contact Dawn Wasylow, centre manager at Wellspring Downtown Toronto, 416-961-1928 x 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.