Two easy steps to register for Cancer Exercise:
1. For added safety and to ensure all health concerns are known, a physician’s consent is required. Please print the form below and have your physician sign it prior to your first visit.
2. Email your local Program Coordinator to request a time and date for an individual assessment. The Program Coordinator will then follow up to set a time to meet with you and to answer any questions you may have.
The 20-week Cancer Exercise program is open to people during any stage of their cancer journey. Under the supervision of an experienced cancer exercise leader, members receive an individual assessment, personalized exercise plan and an opportunity to exercise with other cancer patients. The focus of the program is to improve flexibility, strength and cardiovascular endurance. The program is safe for cancer patients who are in-treatment and may be experiencing side effects.
The Exercise program includes:
- Individual assessment
- Individualized exercise plan
- Supervised group exercise classes twice per week for 20 weeks (40 sessions)
- Transition plan to independent exercise
Cancer Exercise classes run year round in each centre. Each participant has their own unique start and end date which will be set up by the Program Coordinator at your centre.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.