Two easy steps to register for Cancer Exercise;
1. For added safety and to ensure all health concerns are known, a physician’s consent is required. Please print the form below and have your physician sign it prior to your first visit.
2. Email your local Program Coordinator to request a time and date for an individual assessment. The Program Coordinator will then follow up to set a time to meet with you and to answer any questions you may have. You can send an email requesting an assessment, by clicking here.
The 20-week Cancer Exercise program is open to people during any stage of their cancer journey. Under the supervision of an experienced cancer exercise leader, members receive an individual assessment, personalized exercise plan and an opportunity to exercise with other cancer patients. The focus of the program is to improve flexibility, strength and cardiovascular endurance. The program is safe for cancer patients who are in-treatment and may be experiencing side effects.
The Exercise program includes:
- Individual assessment
- Individualized exercise plan
- Supervised group exercise classes twice per week for 20 weeks (40 sessions)
- Transition plan to independent exercise
Cancer Exercise classes run year round in each centre.
Please note that members are unable to register online for Cancer Exercise. Each participant has their own unique start and end date which will be set up by the Program Coordinator at your centre.
Registered Programs with Home Practice: A commitment to attend all session is required, as is a commitment to home practice.
- Mon Aug 21, 2017: 9:00am - 10:00am
- Mon Aug 21, 2017: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Mon Aug 21, 2017: 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Mon Aug 21, 2017: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Mon Aug 21, 2017: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Tue Aug 22, 2017: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Wed Aug 23, 2017: 9:00am - 10:00am
- Wed Aug 23, 2017: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Wed Aug 23, 2017: 11:00am - 12:00pm
- + 128 More!
You might also find the following helpful:
Yoga is an ancient and well-known health practice. It can help exercise control over physical and emotional well-being by combining movements, breathing, stretching, body poses and meditation practice. Yoga for Cancer Recovery is specifically for...
Qi Gong is a traditional Chinese system of health preservation that combines movement, meditation and breathing exercises to promote emotional, spiritual and physical well-being. It is gentle in nature and easy to learn, making it well suited for...
Eating healthy meals can be a challenge when you are undergoing cancer treatment. People often find it difficult to maintain or gain weight during this time. This session is for members who are currently undergoing treatment for cancer. The program...