Please note that you are unable to register online for Cancer Exercise because each participant has their own unique start and end date. Send an email to the Manager, Physical and Functional Programs first, in order for a schedule to be set up for you.
The 20-week Cancer Exercise program is open to people during any stage of their cancer journey. Under the supervision of an experienced cancer exercise leader, members receive an individual assessment, personalized exercise plan and an opportunity to exercise with other cancer patients. The focus of the program is to improve flexibility, strength and cardiovascular endurance. The program is safe for cancer patients who are in-treatment and may be experiencing side effects.
The Exercise program includes:
- Individual assessment
- Individualized exercise plan
- Supervised group exercise classes twice per week for 20 weeks (40 sessions)
- Transition plan to independent exercise
Cancer Exercise classes run year round in each centre.
Follow the steps below to register for Cancer Exercise:
Two easy steps to register for Cancer Exercise;
1. For added safety and to ensure all health concerns are known, a physician’s consent is required. Please print the form below and have your physician sign it prior to your first visit.
2. Email Trish, Manager, Physical and Functional Programs, to request a time and date for an individual assessment. The Manager, Physical/Functional Programs will then follow up with you to set a time to meet with you and to answer any questions you may have.
Registered Programs with Home Practice: A commitment to attend all session is required, as is a commitment to home practice.