Cancer and nutrition go hand-in-hand from diagnosis through to long-term wellness.
The Nourish program, led by a Registered Dietitian, delivers educational content combined with the demonstration of healthy recipes. The goal is to help you learn more information, see foods prepared before your eyes and have the chance to taste the final product. By learning, seeing and tasting, you will feel more comfortable to incorporate the newly presented foods into your diet.
The benefits of Nourish include:
- Improved health and well-being
- Reduced side-effects
- Weight management
- Improved diet and nutrition management
Nourish is comprised of the following individual programs (among others):
- Eating Well During Treatment
- Eating Well After Treatment
- Breast Cancer and Nutrition
- Colorectal Cancer and Nutrition
- Prostate Cancer and Nutrition
- Nutrition and the Caregiver
- Eating Well the Vegetarian Way
- Super Healthy Foods
- Herbs and Spices
- Beans, Peas, Lentils and Grains
- Nutrition Myths and Controversies
- Adding Flavour to Food
- Plant-Based Eating
Nourish programs are routinely updated to incorporate new scientific knowledge, and the education is complemented with hands-on demonstrations and food samplings in Wellspring’s teaching kitchens.
Sign up for Nourish by selecting the location nearest you.