Ways to Give
Your donation will change lives
Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is a registered charitable organization that relies entirely on donations from generous individuals, sponsors and corporations to sustain its programs and services. Wellspring receives no core government or hospital funding.
Your generosity opens doors and improves the lives of those living with cancer, ensuring:
- individuals living with cancer continue to receive a wide range of programs to meet the critical emotional, practical and physical needs
- the ever-increasing volume of members and their changing needs for supportive cancer care can be met
- new programs can be developed that fill current gaps in the care of cancer patients
There are so many ways to get involved with Wellspring. Choose from one of the options below to start making a difference in people’s lives today.
“Wellspring was both life-changing and life-saving for me … I learned how amazingly beneficial it is to share your concerns, worries, hopes and to get help from others. I’ve now been able to get physical help, mental support and help getting back to my work. I’m no longer just coping, I’m thriving.”Dan, Wellspring Member
How you can donate
We are pleased to assist you with your donation. If you require assistance or have any questions, please contact Kat Gal at 416-480-4440 x269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Charitable registration number: 89272 8940 RR0001
There are many ways to support Wellspring’s Westerkirk House at Sunnybrook. Make an online donation in one of the following ways:
- One-time donation
- Monthly donation (join the Roots of Renewal monthly donor club)
- In honour/memory
Other donation opportunities:
- Join the Initiators – have a say in new programming
- Join the Mission Leaders – support the Oasis Suite of Programs for people with advanced cancer
- Adopt a Program – support one of our many program areas
Other Ways to Donate
In addition to regular donations, you can also make donations through other means:
Wills & Bequests
A bequest or gift by will is a simple and thoughtful way to leave a personal legacy, representing your life and values.
Gift of Securities
Gifts of securities or shares from your investments can provide you with benefits such as income tax savings, while also making a positive impact in your community.
Learn more about how to make a gift of Stocks & Securities.
Donor Advised Funds
Donor advised funds (DAF) allow individuals or organizations to create a special account to manage their charitable donations. Philanthropists like you open an account and make tax-deductible contributions to a DAF. You then recommend grants from the DAF to the charities of your choice. The DAF sponsor, generally a nonprofit financial institution, handles all the administrative details, and you can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Your DAF then issues a tax receipt with your deposit.
Contact Ana Santos at 416-480-4440 x227 or email@example.com for wire transfer instructions.
Participate in your employee/retiree workplace giving program. Some employers offer year round giving or specific fundraising timeframes.
Employer Match Program
Employer matching gifts can double or even triple the impact of your donation to Wellspring. Ask your company whether they have an employee/retiree donation matching program.
Weddings, Birthdays or Gifts in Lieu
Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, bar and bat mitvahs, reunions, festivals, parties, and many special events may call for a charitable gift registry of sorts. There are several ways to support the Wellspring on your special occasion.
- Request donations in lieu of gifts
- Make donations in lieu of party favors
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser, selecting Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation from the list of charities
Event Sponsorship or Fundraising
Visit our Events & Fundraisers section.