Returning to Work
This program is presented through a generous grant provided by Scotiabank.
Will I be able to do my job? What if I get sick again?
How can I stay well at work? Cancer has changed me. Do I want to do this job again?
How can my employer accommodate my needs?
- Ilene Shiller, MSW, RSW, Manager, Financial and Workplace Programs
- Deborah Miller, M.Ed., Associate Certified Coach and Certified Career Development Practitioner
Returning to Work is a six-week educational and support program designed to help cancer patients achieve a successful and sustained return to work following an absence because of cancer. Under the leadership of a professional program leader you will discuss topics such as readiness to work, need for accommodation by your employer, treatment side-effects that may impact job performance, and how to get ready for the return.
Returning to Work is available to cancer patients who are preparing to return to work.
|7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.||8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.|
After registering for a program session, you will receive an email from the program leader containing a link to access the webinar at the appropriate date and time.
Instruction on using Zoom conferencing together with your PC, laptop, or tablet, will also be provided. You can also click here to learn more about using Zoom.
Registration or Appointment Required: This program requires a commitment to attend all sessions.
Jan 5 - Feb 9, 2021
- Tue Jan 5, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST
- Tue Jan 12, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST
- Tue Jan 19, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST
- Tue Jan 26, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST
- Tue Feb 2, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST
- Tue Feb 9, 2021: 10:00am EST - 12:00pm EST