Relaxation for Self Care
This guided imagery program provides a relaxing and peaceful experience that can improve one’s sense of well-being, reduce stress and provide skills to help cope with a cancer diagnosis. This program is a good starting place for new members. As well as being introduced to others as a support group and networking opportunity, Patients and caregivers will be guided through relaxation and visualization exercises, and will learn various coping strategies.
Relaxation for Self Care is led by a professional program leader who leads the group in guided mediation followed by a guided imagery session and a group discussion. This program is offered once a week, on a drop-in basis. Please notify the volunteer at the front desk when you arrive for your program session. Please arrive at least 5 minutes early.
Drop-In Program: This program requires no ongoing commitment and is especially helpful for those who are not feeling well, are in treatment or are coping with symptoms that make commitment difficult.
- Fri Feb 21, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Feb 28, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Mar 6, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Mar 13, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Mar 20, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Mar 27, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Apr 3, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Apr 17, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Fri Apr 24, 2020: 10:30am - 12:00pm